The Importance of IoT in our Everdyday LivesKudzai
The term IoT refers to things that we use every day that also connect to the internet, allowing us to either control or receive data about that “thing” from our smartphone or computer.
Examples of how we use Internet of Things in our everyday lives include:
- Smart appliances (stoves, refrigerators, washers and dryers, coffee machines, slow cookers)
- Smart security systems, smart locks, and smart doorbells
- Smart home hubs (that control lighting, home heating and cooling, etc.)
- Smart assistants (like Amazon Alexa or Apple’s Siri)
- Fitness trackers, sleep trackers, and smart scales
- And more besides
Emerging consumer trends in IoT that include smart active wear, smart athletic shoes, and connected vehicles that tell us everything from how close we are to the vehicles around us to the best route to take to avoid rush hour traffic.
No matter what type of smart IoT application you use, most of you will agree that the information and convenience you get as a result has saved you time, money, and a lot of worry.